BASKETBALL SHOWCASE/ALL-STAR GAME
These rules govern the MARK
Your Moment Showcase (MYMS) beginning on Friday, April 7, 2017 at 6 PM CST and
ending on Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 9:30 PM CST.
- Game consists of 2 - 20 minute running halves
with stop time the last minute of each half. During the first 19 minutes of each half, the time only stops for
injuries and timeouts.
- Pre-game and halftime are usually 3-5 minutes,
but may be shortened at the discretion of the referees and tournament officials
in order to keep games on time.
- Two-minute overtime in all games.
- Each team gets 4 full timeouts per game. One
time out in overtime.
- If a team is up by 25 points or more, the clock
runs through the last minute, even if the lead slips below 25 points.
- Bonus foul shots (1 and 1) starting on the 7th
team foul per half. Double bonus on the
10th team foul per half.
- Player is disqualified after 5 personal fouls.
- Technical, flagrant, and intentional fouls are
not shots. They are an automatic 2 points and ball possession for the
non-violating team. If a player or coach
is assessed two of these fouls, they are removed from the game and must leave
the gym, and must meet with the tournament director before being allowed to
play or coach in subsequent games. Technical fouls also count as personal
- No harassment of officials, players or coaches
will be tolerated. Any violation of this
will result in the removal of that person without refund of money.
- The regulation size (NFHS) girl’s and boy’s basketballs
for high school play will be used.
- Teams will be provided practice
basketballs. The game ball will be
chosen from one of the two teams.
- All other rules that are not stated above will
follow the NHSFA (National High School Federation) rules.
- All players are required to watch the NCAA “Game
Plan” video before entering the court
- When video is complete players and their
guardian/parent will sign a form
- All players are responsible to see that their
roster meets all eligibility requirements and is in agreement with the rules
for out-of-season play that are listed by your state athletic association.
- The player is responsible for providing the
appropriate identification (birth certificate, copy of a current SAT/ACT score,
and identification card) for age verification. If a player in question does not produce identification when asked, they
may not play in any further games until it is produced. If this affects enough of your players where you
cannot field at least five on the court, you can finish off the game with four
- This Showcase is for High School Seniors and
Junior College Girl’s and Boys’ basketball players.
- There are no protests. All MYMS staff and referee decisions are
- Each team will be assigned at registration
- Each team will be provided a couch courtesy of
MARK Your Moment Showcase
- ALL PLAYERS SHOULD ARRIVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE
START OF THEIR GAME. GAMES WILL BE HELD
FOR ONLY 10 MINUTES AFTER THE SCHEDULED START TIME. ANY TEAM MISSING THIS CUTOFF WILL FORFEIT
THEIR GAME AT THE EVENT DIRECTORS DISCRETION.
- There will be an entrance fee per day for non-participating
students and for adults. For people
under 18 years of age or people over 65 the cost will be less per day. See on-site signs for pricing.
- $100 per participating student-athlete before March
31. $120 per participating student-athletes that registers on March 31, 2017.
- Disorderly conduct, damage to facilities, or
violations of rules in the opinion of the showcase staff will cause you and
your team to be ejected from the event. You will immediately forfeit all subsequent games and all
- MYMS, the host site and all staff members are
not responsible for injuries to players, coaches, spectators, or guests. Injuries are the responsibility of the
player's own health insurance.
- All-Star game will have the same format and
players and coaches will be pre-selected to participate and sign a liability
- MYMS reserves the right to make changes in the
rules of the event, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize
of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of
the event, any competition is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, MYMS
reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or
modify the event and shall not be required to award a substitute date.